Monday, September 28, 2009

Smooth Talker

Yes, I've been neglecting my blog.

The truth is, I've been so dang tired the last few weeks. Anytime Ev is down for a nap, I pass out too which means computer time is almost zero. Things will get better soon and I'll be back to my usual blogging schedule.It's hard to explain to a husband just how tired and yucky you feel when you're pregnant. They just can't relate because they don't feel what you feel. I can take a solid 2 hour nap and still be exhausted and go to bed at 8pm when Everett does.

I feel bad for Aaron, because many nights he gets home so late. I'm either already in bed or so tired I can't see straight. Last week I forced myself to stay up when he got home. I was an exhausted mess and apologized for being so.

My sweet husband's answer to my apology? "Ah, that's OK, I understand why you're tired. You probably grew a butt today."

Huh? What did you say?

"You know, like one week you grew a heart for the baby, another week the hands. Maybe this week you grew a butt or something."

Thanks for being so understanding.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I wish there was some pill that men could take that would make them feel what pregnant women feel! They just don't understand! One day I filled up a backpack with 20 pounds of flour & sugar. I told Jeff that he needed to wear it on his belly all day & see how easy it is to get things done with an extra 20 pounds in front of you. He wore it for a few minutes & took it off saying what a dumb idea it was. I say women who have babies are amazing!!!! Hang in there, 2nd trimester will be better!

The Kneeland Family said...

You are to funny! I hope you are feeling better. We need to get together next week I think we should all go visit Cherisse next week. Are you in?