Monday, March 29, 2010

Parenting Skills

This weekend I landed a terrible cold. My throat was raw, my voice gone. My chest wheezes when I breathe. Lots of coughing, sneezing and snotting. I must have gone through a whole box of Kleenex. Since I'm pregnant, that means I can't drug myself up either. I just get to suffer through. Poor Everett has been stuck in the house with me for 2 days.

What's a sick mom to do to keep the kiddo entertained while I'm inches from death? I bust out my best parenting skills.I let Ev's electronic mother take over for a while so I could recover. This weekend, I was grateful for children's tv 24/7. I feel so guilty for having him watch tv all day, but I was so sick. Luckily, I'm feeling better now so we'll be playing outside today.

3 comments:

Nunazuna said...

Yay! your back too! I just posted after a 5 month leave. Love the photo of Ev watching TV. So glad your back!

Colleen said...

We do what we've gotta do!

cherisse said...

IT was fun to see you and the baby this week! I am glad you are feeling better. We need a girls trip for sure