Friday, February 29, 2008

Our "Practice" Baby

Aaron turned 31 the week before Christmas. He has been BEGGING to get a dog for at least the last year and a half. I'm not much of a pet person, but I finally caved and suprised him with a Welsh Corgi puppy on his birthday. Aaron named him "Big Moe" after the giant fish in a fishing legend he made up for his nephews. Our house will never be the same.
If anyone is reading this, now would be a great time to purchase stock in Fabreeze. I use it constantly. If you ever come into my home and it remotely smells "puppy-like" please be blunt and let me know!! Since Moe has moved in, he has helped remove the sprinkler drip system we don't use, picks my flowers for me and reminds me to vacuum. He also makes us smile, gives us practice caring for someone other than ourselves and is cemented in our hearts as a family member.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I am most definitely not a pet person either. I don't want to deal with the mess & smell they make. Jeff is always begging for a dog. That's where Tyler's allergies are helpful. He's allergic to dogs. Now we'll never be able to get one. I hope I don't sound heartless, but I feel like I clean up enough poop with 2 kids. I don't need to clean up after an animal as well. Maybe someday I'll let Tyler get a goldfish.