Tuesday, November 11, 2008

10 Years Younger

Since I've been home, I've been able to watch many of the lame daytime TV shows while I'm feeding Everett. In one of my channel flipping excursions I ran across a show called "10 Years Younger" where these old bag-looking ladies get some much needed TLC and are promised to look at least 10 years younger by the end of the show. I never would have given that show a second thought if the events from this morning didn't happen.
.
I was up more than usual with Everett last night, then we had a rough breastfeeding session at 4am that I'm still trying to recover from, and at 6 am Everett decided to wake me up by screaming at the top of his lungs sending me flying out of bed. After I got him calmed down, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Aaron was getting ready for work. We were chatting about the crazy morning when Aaron said, "...it's almost like you've aged 10 years in the last 3 months."
.
Oh hell, I'm one of those bag-looking ladies like on that show.

Aaron by no means meant that as an insult, it was just his way of saying that I looked "worked". That got me thinking about the show I had seen and I decided I need to not look so "worked". I swore to myself that I would never end up looking like those ladies that show up to church with no makeup, a potato sack looking jumper and Birkenstocks. Now that I have a kid, boy is it a slippery slope and I feel like I'm well on my way to the Birkenstock store. I decided today I would do my own makeover show called "My Kid Took a Long Nap, So Look What I Got Accomplished".
Here I am in all my glory. Yep, I need some major work done.
So, without a clothing expert, hair stylist or makeup artist I attempted to fix myself up. The under eye bags and double chin need to go, but that's a whole other show. That's it for today's show. I hope your kids will take long naps for you so you too can look 10 years younger. See you next time!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

You're such a babe! Didn't you feel like such a hot mama for the rest of the day? I always feel better on the days that I make myself look presentable, which is happening a lot less often lately.

Nunazuna said...

Helllllooo!!! Hottie! I bet Aaron was very excited when he got home and hopefully he ate his own words from earlier. "Stick that in your back pocket!!!!" So are we going to be expecting baby #2 in 9 months?

Nunazuna said...

Oh! come on!!! That's why you have two!

The Kneeland Family said...

That is so great, I love that show. Isn't it amazing what we can do when we take time out for ourselves.

Nunazuna said...

Ben says it's to late to call you so that's why I'm giving you this message here. The recall is on Chicco USA Car seat bases. The article says for Keyfit, Keyfit 30 and Cortina Travel Systems (sold Feb 2008 - March 2008). There's a defect that prevents the base from being installed securely when the lower latch attachments are used. It says attach it to your vehicle's safety straps instead and call 800-807-8817 for a replacement base.