Saturday, December 20, 2008

TIMBER!!!!



I finally finished decorating the tree last night. I was quite pleased with myself. At 3am this morning Aaron and I woke up to a jingling crash! The tree had fallen over and the ornaments went scattering all over the floor. I had noticed that the tree was leaning a little, but it looked that way from the time I put it up so I thought nothing about it. Well, that leg of the stand broke off and down the tree came! Maybe it was a cursing from my mother because I was lazy and didn't decorate the back of the tree(a decorating sin) and the front of the tree just couldn't carry all of the weight?
So, my poor angel is hanging upside-down with her skirt around her head, a very unangel-like compromising position, and there are shattered ornament bits and scratch marks on the piano. Perhaps not the best way to keep the re-sale value if I need sell it in the future.
Since I am looking at the positives this year I came up with a few...having our tree fall over gave me the opportunity to practice with my rarely-used wide angle camera lens, my piano is now dusted, and at least I have a good sturdy step ladder to help prop up our Christmas tree in the corner. So there.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Thank you for that chuckle! I needed that this morning! You are adorable!

Anonymous said...

now i'm getting scared...that's the second blog about a timbered tree i have seen. And i don't have anything on the backside...and not too much on the front either. lol. so i think i'm ok.

The Kneeland Family said...

Oh my goodness Carrie. I am sorry, but you are good at making light of it. Merry Christmas. Come by my moms Christmas Eve morning breakfast and get a FREE fantastic breakfast and we can see each other. It will be great it starts at 9:30- 12:00

Colleen said...

That's pretty funny! It sounds like something that would happen to me. I bet the crashing noise in the middle of the night scared the heck out of you! This will definitely be something you'll remember every year when you decorate your tree! It will be a fun story to tell Everett about his first Christmas.

Nunazuna said...

Oh....My.....GOSH!!! Carrie I'm so sorry. I feel in a way that it's our fault since it was our tree! I promise I didn't know anything about it leaning. The only reason we don't use it anymore is because it's just too big for our little house. Sorry! What's next!?!

Unknown said...

that is so friggin hilarious! this belongs in a book. i read this in court and couldn't stop laughing. your poor lil angel.