Monday, October 26, 2009

Just Like Dad

Last weekend Aaron and Ev were playing with trucks. After a little while of playing, Ev started to mimic Aaron's "truck sounds". All week I've been catching Ev making "truck sounds" as he pushes various cars and trucks across the floor. Aaron is quite proud that he learned this skill from him.

Saturday night we were sitting at the dinner table and had just finished our meal and Aaron let out a burp. (Classy, eh? Aaron's parent were out of town, so his mother was not there to give him the "stink eye".) Everett looked at him for a moment, made an "O" with his mouth and made an imitation burp noise.Aaron and I looked at each other and just started laughing. Aaron tried a few more times to get him to do it again. He did make the noise a time or two, but never the full imitation. I was instructed not to encourage this behavior unless he "did it right".
Well, excuuuuse me!

Aaron is learning that Ev is going to copy everything that he does. When I ask him to watch his words and actions, I'm not being a bossy wife - I'm trying to keep my kid on good behavior.
Oh, what will he learn next?

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Oh, the good times are coming. Just wait until that first time Everett says something that makes you want to crawl in a hole & hide! You're definitely right, you'll need to watch what you say in front of him! Unless you want it repeated, better not let him hear it. :)