Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009


Aaron: A giraffe? That would not have been my first choice.

Me: It wasn't mine either, but I had to go with process of elimination. The monkey costume was way too thick, he would have sweat to death. The lion costume had long mangy fur all round the face and hands, that costume wouldn't have stayed on for 2 minutes. The dragon costume had a big thick tail, so he couldn't sit down. Therefore, he will be a giraffe.

Halloween was great! In the morning, the cousins came over and we carved pumpkins.The boys got to play and have a great time. Later that afternoon we took all of the boys to the church Trunk or Treat. The church is just down the street so the boys got pulled in a big red wagon - which Ev loved.There was a huge turn out. Ev had a great time having free reign to cruise the parking lot and have mom and dad follow close behind. He scored 2 lollipops.
I refused to bring him around with a bag for candy. A one year old does not need candy and everyone knows it's for the greedy parents. That would NOT be me. He was such a good boy for having no afternoon nap.By the time we were finished with the Trunk or Treat festivities and were on our way home, Ev was slouched lower and lower in the wagon, almost asleep. There was pizza waiting for us at home. We ate some yummy food and headed out to the driveway where the firepit was blazing. Ev kept wanting to get into the fire, so I opted to have him playing in the house instead. By 8pm, we retired the giraffe costum and put our tuckered out baby boy to bed. Can we do this again next weekend?

3 comments:

Nunazuna said...

Too Cute!

The Kneeland Family said...

I Like the Girrafe, Darnit I almost went to the ward party with my kids. We were at my moms.

Colleen said...

What a fun day! It was so fun to see you! It was so fun to sit around the fire - we should do that again sometime. Everett was absolutely adorable in his giraffe costume! I think it was an excellent choice!

Krista - I can't believe you were in Chino & you skipped the ward party. It was really fun! Maybe next year you can join us there. :)