Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bittersweet


Last weekend, Aaron put out a bunch of For Rent signs up around town. Within a half hour, we had someone walking through our house. I was ill prepared for such results and about had a heart attack. Dishes in the sink, laundry piles, and I hadn't cleaned the bathrooms. I guess the rest of our house looked good enough, because she left us a deposit and is due to move in August 1st. Woo hoo! Having a renter for the house is such a relief. We'd be able to keep the house and keep our credit intact.

I should have known better than to relax. This year, nothing has been easy. Just when I get the puzzle pieces to come together, a new piece is thrown in and I'm forced to take everything apart and start over.

Yesterday, my boss informed me that business just isn't getting better and that my hours (and paycheck) will be cut in half. For someone who desperately needs the money, it's not what you want to hear. I'll still be making more than at any lame minimum wage job, so I'm going to keep working part time.

On the VERY up side...Guess who I get to spend an extra 4 hours with a day? My favorite little kidlet in the whole wide world. He makes my day better.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Congratulations on finding a renter!
I'm sorry about your job situation. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise to give you more time with Everett. I love the new picture of him on your header. He just has such a cute face! His eyes sparkle when he smiles! I hope you have a great day! Are you working mornings or afternoons? We'll plan our next swim day so that you can join us.

Nunazuna said...

Hang in there Caroline! I really feel the situation will be more sweet then bitter! I love Colleen's comment about his eyes sparkling. It's so true. He's such a happy baby and he's so loved! My sister said too that Mom's, Ben's and Your eyes sparkle. So he must get it from his mommie!

The Kneeland Family said...

SOOO exciting. And glad to hear you get to spend more time with Ev it is a blessing in disguise. You know it is. Love YA Krista