Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Wave


This morning Everett had his check up at the doctor office. Aaron was able arrange his work schedule and was able to go with me. Everett had gained a whopping 4 lbs. 10 oz. since his last appointment just over 2 months ago. He's now at 19 lbs. 14 oz. After the doctor finished her exam, she turned to leave and waved "goodbye" to Everett. To our surprise, Everett waved back!

My mom has been working with him for the last couple of months with the "Your Baby Can Read" program. It has a series of different words such as arms up, nose, tiger, clap, eyes, elephant, reach, gorilla, toes, etc. Ev loves watching the videos, and every once in a while he would make the clapping or reach motion - but it has to be HIS idea. If you try to coax it out if him, forget it. A bit like dad, eh??

Just a few minutes ago I got a call from my mom. She had taken Everett over to Aarons' grandparents for the afternoon, and when she left she waved "goodbye" and sure enough, Everett waved back! It's pretty cool to see your kid learning and understanding. Once again, I lucked out and I was there to catch the first "wave". He's progressing so quickly, It's still hard for me to believe in just a couple of months he'll already be one. I wish I could freeze time, at least just for a little while.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Wave "Hi" to Everett for me! What a good boy to save this big moment for his Mommy!

Sheryl said...

Don't you just love those moments...so special everytime! Amazing how time flies! They do grow way too fast!

Nunazuna said...

Didn't you have your camera at the Dr.s office? Ha! Glad you were able to see it!