Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Pregnancy Stupids

I got 'em. I got 'em bad.
There is no picture to go with this post. Based on the story, you wouldn't want to see a picture. For all you ladies who have been pregnant out there, you know what I'm talking about. Last month I put the cereal box in the fridge and the milk in the pantry, at work I'm scatter-brained and can't focus on simple tasks. This story tops them all, and hopefully this will be as bad as I get.

Two weeks ago I was racing to get ready for church. I missed the first hour because we were having trouble with Moe "working on the air conditioner" that morning. Aaron was off to work and I was hustling my rear to get to Nursery on time. Skirt - On! Shirt - Ironed! Shoes - On! and out the door I ran. I pulled up to church with 5 minutes to spare. Whew!....and promptly realized I forgot to put a bra on. How on God's green Earth do you FORGET to do that???? It was too late to go home (the church is 15 minutes away). I sent a text message to Aaron telling him what I had done (or hadn't done). My sweet husband wrote back "Jesus loves you!!!" Hopefully he has a sense of humor too. My only saving grace was that it was raining that day and I had a sweater on. I kept criss-crossing it over my chest all during Nursery. I sure hope no one noticed, even if they did- they have been nice enough not to mention it.

Now every once in a while as I'm headed out the door to work Aaron will go through the checklist: "Got your keys?, Got your purse?, Got your bra?" and starts laughing. Thanks hon, really - thanks.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Isn't it fun to pregnant? Don't worry, it happens to the best of us! I can't think of any crazy experiences I had being pregnant, but I know I had them. Don't worry I'm sure that brain function eventually returns to normal - maybe when you send the kid off to school!?!

austin and cherisse said...

Girl you crack me up! Welcome to the world of blogging. I cant wait to see that little baby of yours...how exciting. We need to get together again and get PINK BERRY!!! I know that you are dieing to go back to that smoothie place in Vegas...but I am going to have to say NO to that and stick with the Pink Berry!

Krista Kneeland said...

That is great I love it. Atleast you were strong enough to stay and not turn around and give up on it all. Good Laughs. That is why I Love Ya!