Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Baby Room Is Complete (...Minus The Baby)

Woohoo! It's done! I am officially ready for this baby to get here. If you would have asked me last week, I would have told you that if this baby came early, it would have been on instant "time out". Now the baby room is done and the main parts of the house are clean - I am ready.

Here's a look at the baby room:
Can you believe I MADE THIS??? I have no idea how to sew, but I figured I could go in a straight line without too many mishaps. My sister, Kelle helped me put the quilt top together, and my Grandma Winters helped me tie the bumper and quilt and taught me how to put the quilt back on. I also made the valance, bed skirt, pillow and covered the ottoman to the glider. Sorry to gloat, but I am so dang proud of myself!! My mom had this TV cabinet in storage for years and thought it would work in the baby room. Thanks Mom! When we actually got the cabinet in the room, it didn't quite fit with the crib. (my math skills are not the best) With some creative arranging from my fabulous husband, he got everything to fit. The middle where the TV is supposed to go was the perfect size and height for a changing table.

Details, details, details...





So, my little Sunshine, we're as ready as we'll ever be.

We can't wait to finally meet you!

12 comments:

Jaime said...

Beautiful Baby room...way to go!!!

Unknown said...

Caroline, The baby room turned out great... You guys did an excellent job...

Barbra said...

That came out so cute!!!!
You did a great job!!!

The Kneeland Family said...

Oh my goodness you are to dang cute none of my baby rooms ever looked even close to that good I am so excited for the baby. But have it come after Friday okay. Ha! Like you can help it. Love Ya Krista

austin and cherisse said...

Holy crap carrie that looks amazing I love it! You did a great job. Hurry up and have that baby already gosh!

A new Flight Attendant, said...

Everything looks so cute! I'm so excited for you! Hang in there, the last few days of waiting always stink, lol. Show you hubby how to work your blog so he can post pics right aways! Can't wait!

Sheryl said...

Carrie! Wow girl...Your talents coming through once more. There is nothing you can't do! Love every bit of the room! Can't wait to meet the new resident!

Unknown said...

I love the room. I'm like Krista, my kids rooms NEVER looked as good as yours. I'm back for good from Utah. Call me and we can get together.

Colleen said...

WOW! I love the baby room! Baby Haring will be living it up in style! I never got the baby's room ready before the baby was born. I was too afraid that the ultrasound was wrong, so I left all of the bedding in the package until I got home from the hospital & was sure that I didn't need to return it.

The Biggs Family said...

WOW! My own room doesn't even look like that. Luckly. Can I come and have a room like that. It's really cute! Good job

Jayne said...

wow, caroline, you did beautiful on the quilt and baby bunting, I'm impressed.

the room looks fabulous,
can't wait for the arrival.

Lisa said...

I love your room, it looks like a perfect spot for napping and playing! Hope you are doing OK, Haven't heard anything yet...