Monday, August 11, 2008

That's What Friends Are For

I seriously have the best friends and family.

Phone calls, text messages, blog messages and more. All my favorite people have been so sweet checking up on me. I feel so loved and looked after.

I've got several great references when I need brutal honesty and help knowing what to do about the most delicate of topics. What topic is that, you might ask? What am I going to need to repair the damage from giving birth? - Help!

That's where my friend Krista stepped in. She went with me to Walmart and filled up my cart. Maxi pads, tucks pads, nursing pads, Epsom salt and breast cream - my new bathroom companions. Then my awesome sis-in-law who just had a baby a few months ago gave me her unused hospital goods - more maxi pads, water proof leak mats, and the oh-so-sexy hospital gauze underwear. I am stocked up and ready to go!
And what can you do to make your swollen legs, feet and sausage toes look a little better?

A. Have your dog sit on them in the photo
B. Go with a friend to get a pedicure
Krista and I hit the town again and got pedicures today. Being that I'm 3 days overdue, she's had several ladies she's known go into labor after getting a pedicure - so why the heck not try? The nail tech even painted baby feet and 2008 on my big toes but the nail polish bled into the white baby feet, so you can't really tell what the heck are on my toes. Oh well, 5 bucks wasted. We still had fun.

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh darlin' It surely is hard being overdue! I usually was early, but being overdue once (3 weeks) was just no fun at all. I am so glad to see that you are having some fun and getting things taken care of. Praying for a delivery soon! Cute toes by the way!

Kris said...

I was overdue with ALL of my kids. The doctor would tell me the due date and I would add on two weeks just so I had a realistic "due date". Hang in there - this phase is almost over! Breast pads, epsom salt, and tucks....the next phase is about to start!! :) Good Luck!

The Kneeland Family said...

Anytime my friend, That what I'm here for. Can't wait to see that little baby I am so excited. Just go into labor okay. We are all here for you.

Colleen said...

Let's get that baby out today! I'm ready to go shopping & start sewing for you! I was shopping last night & made mental note of some cute girl things & cute boy things so that I'm ready to hit the stores when the time comes! If you have a girl, she can date my boy. If you have a boy, your boy & mine can be buddies. I just can't wait for your baby to arrive!

austin and cherisse said...

kirsta you turd you were supposed to call me for the pedicure outing...thats it your in serious trouble, I think I will take away your allowance for a month. Okay make sure you get the dermoplast spray...love it! You might get some in the hospital.Okay keep me posted.

Nunazuna said...

Oh Carrie! I can't believe how swollen your little feetsies got! I'm so glad that you are such a good sport about all this. I hope that I'm as good as you. You're the best! I'm excited for my new little nephice?! Don't worry (I know your not) it will happen soon enough. Just think more time to blast your tunes as loud as you possibly can handle! I love you!

Sheryl said...

Yay! Little Everett Jackson Haring has arrived! Thank you for the text message!! Kisses to all of you!