Sunday, August 3, 2008

What "You Don't Have To Do Anything" Really Means

So I've got 5 days until my due date. What do you think I am doing?

Resting? No.
Getting my hospital bag ready? No.
Staying up past midnight cleaning because I've got 21 people coming over tomorrow? Yes.

Aaron's friend wanted his coworker to meet my older sister to see if there could possibly be some "sparks" since they are both wanting settle down. Sounded like a great idea, 6 adults having dinner at our house. Aaron said he would take care of it and I wouldn't have to do anything. That sounded like another great idea. Well, my husband being the social butterfly that he is kept adding people to the guest list until 2 days later he informed me that we were up to 21 people (7 of them kids) and that he would be fishing a night tournament the day before so he won't be here to help me. Holy moly - are you nuts???
So in "man terms" me not having to do anything consisted of cleaning and organizing the house (thank goodness for my wonderful mother-in-law who came to help on Friday) Getting a loaded grocery cart at Costco, loading & unloading it myself, and doing all of the food prep. Aaron will have the strenuous task of getting sodas at the store and grilling the burgers. Big whoop.

I'm tired as can be, my back is shot, and I desperately need to go to bed. The good thing that came from this is that I had to kick it into high gear and got a ton done. I even finished the baby room. I'll take pictures just as soon as I can walk upright again...




5 comments:

The Kneeland Family said...

Oh my gosh your husband sounds like my husband right before I deliver

Nunazuna said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Are you serious!?! This has got to be a joke! Please tell me he is actually going to suprise you with maid and dinner service and a room full of flowers. I can't belive he would actually do that. Why doesn't anyone else say or suggest that you do dinner another time. I'm so sorry Carrie! Hang in there! I still think he is going to surprise you with something else.

DeAnne said...

Wow! So Nazar is just a typical guy then?!? This sounds way too familiar! I can't believe how soon you are due! That's so exciting. Good luck with everything. Hopefully you'll have a little bit more luck with the whole resting thing before the baby comes.

Sheryl said...

Oh darlin' I unfortunately have to promise that you will continue to raise your hubby with your babies! Good thing they redeem themselves every once in awhile huh?? Can't wait to hear about your little bambino or bambina??? Ya know we will be watching for the blog, or phone call, which ever comes first!! Prayers are with you baby!

Colleen said...

You are superwoman! If Jeff suggested such an idea right before my due date, I would just laugh. Too bad you didn't just go into labor the day before the party! 2 days until your due date - I'm so jealous. I'm having my ultrasound at 3:00 today - I'll call you & tell you if it's a boy or girl (hopefully they'll be able to tell.) I think you deserve a rest. As for work, just sit down with your boss/step-dad & tell him that you're really not feeling well & need to go home. As much as you love working, you need to conserve your energy to get that baby out! I'm sure he'll understand.