Friday, February 20, 2009

Grandma's OK

Late Wednesday night my dad called to let me know that Grandma was in the hospital. She was slurring her words and was having difficulty swallowing. Two years ago she had a mild stroke, and it looked like she had just had another one.

My mom watched Everett and I went to visit her on Thursday morning and boy, was she angry she had to sit in the hospital. She kept pulling out her IV because it "wasn't doin' nothin'" and was upset that the doctors wanted to run more tests on her because she insisted that she was not sick and that there was nothing wrong with her (besides having a stroke...). She said if she knew which direction to go, she'd walk out of there. Aah, Grandma, it's good to see you haven't lost your spunk. I bribed her to stay calm with a visit from Everett when she got home.

Thursday night my Dad called to let me know Grandma was going home. Her speech had improved dramatically and she could swallow again. Saturday morning Everett and I will go for a long visit as promised. I'm glad we get to keep her around for a little longer.

No comments: