Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy

When is the last time a bowl of fruit made you happy? Since Everett was sick last week, I got to spend some extra time at home - pure heaven! I got to hold my baby longer, get some extra cuddles in and get some cleaning and organizing done. It's been raining for days so I've had an extra excuse to bundle up in a comfy sweatshirt and enjoy being a mom.

While Everett was napping and I was cleaning the kitchen, the storm broke and my kitchen was filled with sunlight. It landed on a stack of tangerines from Aaron's grandparents, and they just looked beautiful. I'm weird, I know, but I'm still very focused on finding joy and happiness in the little things. A sweet baby, a much needed rain storm, a rainbow out my door and a beautiful bowl of fruit was enough to keep me smiling for days.

3 comments:

The Kneeland Family said...

Hey thanks for the comment. It was fun hanging out, I only wish we could do it more often.Hey thanks for that makeup tip. Oh yeah I got some I spent 19.45. Whoo Hoo I am excited.

The Kneeland Family said...

Oh yeah Everett looks like he is doing soooooooo much better and he looks so cute!!!

Lisa said...

A beautiful life you have! I am glad that fly lady's advice has fixed all your stress! She really has the best advice around, and mostly to enjoy all the little moments more than worrying about what is not right. Everett is such a sweetie, keep enjoying!