Thursday, February 5, 2009

No Touching!

Everett's had quite a few milestones in the last couple of weeks, but this one I could do without. Two days ago he got his first cold along with a swollen goopy eye. Lovely. I've been sleeping on the couch while Everett sits upright in his swing so he could breathe while he sleeps. He's up every 1-2 hours and has the saddest little cough. I called his doctor to get some meds for his eye and got schooled on bodily goo terminology.

"So what's wrong?"
- He has a cold and a goopy eye.
"A droopy eye?"
- No, goopy.
"What do you mean?"
- Uhhh, like eye boogers only a lot thicker
"Oh, you mean discharge."
- Whatever. Goop.

To add to our petri dish of diseases, Aaron came home with a nasty cold sore. So I'm not kissing Aaron, Aaron's not touching Everett and Everett doesn't understand what "don't slobber on me" means. If I don't make it to church Sunday, you'll know I've probably got a cold, my eyes glued shut with "discharge" and a big nasty cold sore on my mouth. If I do make it to church, it's probably best not to touch me unless you want the plague.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

You are so funny, and surely getting schooled in New Mom 101 quite soundly! Pour little Ev!

Colleen said...

It's so sad when babies are sick - they just don't understand why they feel so yucky. Matthew had an eye infection already. After a week of antibiotic ointment in his eye, it cleared up & looks much better. I hope Everett gets feeling better soon & that you avoid everyone's illnesses.

Kim said...

Hi there! Just found your blog. Your pics of Everett are great! Hope you are all feeling better soon...darn those cooties!

The Kneeland Family said...

Poor Everett! It's the worst when babies get sick. I hope you haven't caught it and I hope he is better. Hope to see you soon.