Monday, April 21, 2008

Near Death Experience

Moe is not a good watchdog. He rarely barks and when we sneak up on him in the backyard he does this muffled growling thing and runs to hide. There is one enemy Moe has that he is not afraid of and hunts with wolf-like instinct - paper.

This weekend Aaron was staying at his brothers' overnight. Moe and I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie. It was a nice night, so I had the back door and some windows open. When I woke up in the morning, I found this:

In the middle of the night a breeze from the back door must have blown a fierce looking napkin off the table onto the floor. Moe, being the man of the house that night, took it upon himself to catch, shred and efficiently "kill" the napkin that was sure to attack me at any moment while I slept. Had I known what danger I was in, I would have slept in my bedroom.

Aaron and I take comfort in knowing that if we were ever to be attacked by a giant roll of toilet paper, Moe's got our back.

2 comments:

Nunazuna said...

Hah! We know how that is. I don't know what it is with dogs and paper. The grossest thing was when Rachie was living with us she kept leaving her door open (despite our requests)and the dogs would get into her bathroom wastebasket. She always seemed to leave her door open during the time of the month when, well I won't get into details. Nuff Said! Yeah it really wasn't pleasant.

Colleen said...

Wow, looks like Moe would get along quite well with my tag-team paper destructors (AKA Tyler & Claire). They are actually quite good at destroying a good pack of baby wipes while I'm not looking too. Just wait until Baby Haring joins Moe in defending your home from that giant roll of toilet paper. Baby Haring may follow the example of Tyler & his cousin, David. They unrolled almost an entire roll of toilet paper into the toilet when I thought David was just using the restroom. I noticed Tyler run by with a 10 foot long piece of toilet paper, yelling, "Wahoo!" When I got to the bathroom, I found the toilet stuffed full of t.p. and had to fish it out of the water that David had already pooped in!!! I used a grocery bag to grab it - my hand never got wet! Can't you wait for the daily surprises that kids will bring onto you life?