Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Game of Tag

My Beautiful Sis-In-Law, Melonnie tagged me. Sorry the photos aren't great, but they're pictures of pictures. Here goes...

Where did you first meet your husband?
High school! At lunch, he and his friend sat at the table next to my friends and I. I noticed him because he had to walk home past my house everyday and he just happened to live next door to one of my best friends (Colleen). I thought he was cute, so I was the first to start up a conversation with him. This was highly out of character for me, I rarely meet anyone new on my own. Yep, I stalked him.

New Year's Day 1993 I was 15, Aaron had just turned 16


What was the first thing said?
Can’t remember exactly, but it went along the lines of “hey, you walk home don’t you? That sucks, you live next door to my friend Colleen, don’t you? That’s cool”. I think I “pretended” that I had to walk home a couple of times and asked to walk with him. Yep, I stalked him.

What was your first date?
We just mostly “hung out” at his house because I was 15 and wasn’t allowed to date yet, besides, what can you do when you can’t drive? Our first official outing without either of our families was on Halloween at the Movies 8. I still wasn’t 16 yet, so I wasn’t supposed to be there and to top it off, my older sister worked at the movies. I was so nervous I was going to get in trouble!! We saw The Mighty Ducks. Quack! Quack! Quack!

How long did you date?
In high school we “went out” for about 6 months. The second time around (yep, I stalked him yet again) we dated for 3 ½ years.
First kiss?
The infamous Movies 8. We were outside waiting for his mom to pick us up. He totally plastered me with a big wet French kiss. I was NOT ready for that. I still remember having to wipe my face off. He’s gotten much better since then…
Where did you get engaged?
Ha, ha! Aaron had this big presentation planned for my birthday, but he was so excited he couldn’t wait that long (another month). His parents’ dryer broke so we were taking a load of wet clothes to my mom’s house to dry them. There used to be an old junker house next to my mom’s block and it had an older bass boat for sale. Aaron pretended to want to look at the boat and pulled the truck over. He turned on the dome light and pulled out a beautiful ring and asked me to marry him. It sounds totally unromantic, but if you know Aaron – it’s totally him.


Where did you get married?
We got married at The Mission Inn in Riverside. It was absolutely wonderful.




How did the reception go?
Just fine, nothing crazy or unusual. A little cramped but manageable, Mormons usually don’t cut loose and dance, so the DJ just played slow songs, but we didn’t care. It was an early reception, over by 8:30 pm which was fine, because we had to wake up at like 3am to get to LAX.




Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Hawaii!! Kauai for a couple of days and Maui for a few days – awesome!



Leave it to Aaron to go off-roading in the rental car

Do you have a song?
Nah. Our music tastes are very different. I just picked a generic one for the “first dance” From This Moment by Shania Twain. Don’t think I’ve listened to that song since…
Where were you 10 years ago?
20 years old, living in Utah, dating a loser, learning to make it on my own
5 things on my to-do list today:
Put my makeup on, type up a quitclaim deed, confirm seminar dates, mail bills, make dinner.
5 snacks I enjoy:
Just 5? Ice cream, popcorn, cheez-its, chocolate, fruit smoothies
What I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
Everything! Quit my job, pay off my house, fix up my house, get my blond hair and body back, go on vacation, buy some land with a lake, enjoy extra time with Aaron and our future babies
5 of my bad habits:
Refer to "5 snacks I enjoy", along with procrastinating, not exercising, I put clean laundry in a pile rather than put it away, I let the dishes pile up
5 jobs that I have had:
File clerk, hotel front desk, data entry, loan processor, office manager
5 things people don’t know about me:
Tried out for cheerleading my junior year- forgot the whole routine- made a fool of myself- regret trying out to this very day, rode a horse once- hated it- no interest in doing it again, didn’t know snipe hunting was a joke until my 2nd year at camp, when someone new introduces themselves to me, I immediately forget their name-I think my brain shuts off for the 2 seconds it takes for them to say their name – no wonder I have a hard time meeting people, I couldn’t get home fast enough and pooped my pants once…Good times.

4 comments:

Nunazuna said...

Oh Carrie! I really enjoyed reading that. There were somethings that I didn't know about you that now I do. That was fun! A suggestion about remembering names, I was taught to think of someone else I know with that name. It really works for me. Also, I can't believe that you pooed your pants! How old were you? Talk to me and I'll tell you what happened to me.

Colleen said...

That was fun to read. I love all of your wedding pictures. Your wedding was really pretty & really fancy!

Joy said...

Yea...I never get to talk to you at church. At least now I can talk to you through your blog.

Jaime said...

It was so good to hear from you from my blog. Congrats on the baby...I can't wait to tell my mom!!