Monday, April 21, 2008

Quite Pleased

Saturday was awesome. I got Aaron out the door to work and headed over to my mom's house. Since our family dog, T-Rex passed away a few weeks ago, mom said if I clean out his old dog house, Moe could have it. I got to hang out with my mom and help her out a little bit (she just had surgery and is still recovering), and she bought me lunch. Cool deal. Moe was not as impressed with the new house as I was. He just sniffs it and keeps walking. I'm sure it still smells like Rex despite the scrubbing.


When I got home and pulled up to my yard, I thought, "Dang, my yard looks nice!" So I took some photos of my awesome spring flowers. Keep in mind I HATE working in the yard so I plant things that look nice without a lot of help. I take no credit.
Then came the project that I had been waiting for: working on the baby room! I couldn't find a trans-gender, already made set that I liked, plus they are so dang expensive! I already had the blue Hawaiian material so I decided to make it myself. Pretty daring, considering I don't know how to sew and have never taken a class. I decided to tackle making the valance since I figure I can handle sewing in a straight line. Here's the finished product, I'm pleased as punch.










5 comments:

Nunazuna said...

I can't see the final product! The last picture doesn't show all the way. Only like a 10th of it is showing. I really want to see! I love the combo of fabrics! I am going to be making my own nursery sets too! Only because I have an idea of what I want but haven't seen it anywhere. So I'll just make it. I'll be asking you for help when I start. I am terrible at reading patterns.

A new Flight Attendant, said...

I am so impressed! It looks like you DO know how to sew... cheater, lol. I feel a little jipped, being LDS and not knowing how to sew myself. My poor kids don't have curtains, lol. Guess I'd better sign up for a class.

Colleen said...

Your yard always looks so nice! I love the picture you took of the Calla Lily. You should blow that one up really big & frame it! Your valence turned out so cute! I can't wait to see the finished baby room!

Scott Kneeland said...

Oh my gosh so dang cute you are so creative. And your yard always looks great.Love ya Krista

gojensens said...

You did a great job on the baby valance, I'm very impressed. I don't believe you didn't have any clue about sewing!
Oh, and the flowers are beautiful too.