Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

So it's been a crazy week and a half. Everett's hair was getting too wild so I gave him a trim. Actually, I probably did a hack job, but when all of his hair sticks up anyway, you can't tell. I thought about saving his locks for his baby book I'll probably start when he turns 18 but with how knee deep things are around here lately, I couldn't stand for one more thing to be laying around. I opted to just take pictures instead. I am happy with my decision.

It's finally been cold enough to bust out the fire pit so we had some neighbors over and lit it up! I made popcorn for everyone and we had a good time hanging out. We had Everett all bundled up and he was out like a light.

We got Everett a new swing. He already has one I got used that runs on batteries. We quickly realized the cost of batteries was going to put us in the poor house. We found out Aaron's sister has a swing that plugs into the wall. Seriously, with the way that technology has advanced - it's about freaking time! I honestly feel the baby gear makers have an unholy alliance with the battery makers. Everett loves his new swing and so do we.
Thursday, Everett had a check up and his first round of immunizations - ouch! He was a tough boy and only cried for about 15 seconds while he was getting his 3 shots. After I picked him up he was cool as a cucumber. He gained another pound and a half and is up to 11 lbs. 2 oz. Way to go!
Thursday night we had (Aaron's brother) Andrew & Katie's dress rehearsal at the Fullerton Arboretum. I never knew it was there, it's pretty cool. I had Everett strapped to me while I took some photos. All the groomsmen dressed up in goofy outfits (which didn't make the bride too happy) but it was funny anyway. For the rehearsal dinner they had a pizza party complete with a team banner, sports jerseys and trophies. It was fun.Friday was the wedding. Aaron was the best man and had to get all dressed up ( I LOVE him in a suit!) All the guys wore brown Converse. Everett even had his own tennis shoes but they were too big so I just took some photos of him and had them off the rest of the night.I didn't get to take very many photos at the wedding or reception since I'm a mom now and have a little one to look after. I didn't even get a good photo of the bride and groom all dressed up. Katie was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. She looked like a Hollywood actress right out of the 40's - very glamorous. At the reception I pretty much was confined to the table. The music was way too loud on the other side of the room so we just stayed put. I just took photos of what was around me...



By the end of the night Aaron had had it with playing dress up. Off came the jacket and dress shirt and on came a comfy t-shirt. At the reception they had a photo booth - it was so fun! It gives you a double print of the photos so you put one in the guest sign in book and you keep the other one. We did two. It was a fun day, congrats Andrew & Katie!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

You have been busy! Nothing like great family days to bring peace to your heart! Your boy is so very cute!

The Kneeland Family said...

Oh my gosh you have been busy, but it looks like you have had alot of fun. I can't believe how big Everett is already I need to come by again and stay longer. If you would allow that. Thanks for your comment, you always know how to make me feel good.

Jayne said...

he is just so darn cute!, I love his fancy clothes, your blog is so fun to read and catch up on I was with your mom tonight, I always have fun with her!

Colleen said...

We gave up on our battery powered swing for this baby too. We bought one that plugs in. I'm excited to give it a try when Matthew arrives. It looks like Andrew had a gorgeous wedding. Tell him I said Congrats! Everett looks so cute in the wedding pictures.

Nunazuna said...

You sure do have some handsome men in your life. I miss you guys.