Thursday, October 2, 2008

Open For Business


For months now, Aaron has been burning the candle at both ends right down to the middle. Since the economy took a dump this year and no one is buying boats, Aaron has had to switch gears and come up with another way to take care of his family. Currently, he's working his regular job, opened his own label printing business and is going to school. A typical week for him includes going to school all day Monday and Wednesday. After school, he works in the label shop. All the other days of the week he works his regular job until 6pm, then works at the label shop until about 2am (sometimes 3 or 4am), then wakes up at 8am to start all over again. There are no weekends, days off or holidays. The last vacation we took was almost 2 years ago.

Monday I got a call from Aaron. He was at the label shop and wanted to know if Everett and I could come and visit - he missed us. You don't have to ask me twice! I loaded the car up and headed out to Anaheim to hang out for a few hours. I took care of the woman's work (vacuuming, sweeping and cleaning the bathroom), while the boys printed some labels.
I even made Everett his own label.It was so nice to see Aaron holding Everett. Since he's hardly ever home, Aaron rarely gets to spend time with his son. I appreciate everything he is doing so at least I can be home with Everett. I can tell how much he loves us, and wouldn't trade him for anything. I've got the most perfect husband for me.

4 comments:

Kris said...

What an AWESOME husband!! Everett is looking cute! I love the hair :) !

Sheryl said...

Ahhh,some bonding time with dad! Cute,cute pictures!

The Kneeland Family said...

That is so fun that you guys got to go to see daddy at work. That is one of my kids favorite things to do.

austin and cherisse said...

I hear you the economy is killing us right now! We are stuck in our house and since we are commission; and everyone is out of business we are dieing right now. Hopefully it will turn around soon.