Sunday, April 5, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Aaaah...I needed today. I always love Conference weekend, but I really needed today.

I hadn't left the house since Wednesday because of a sick baby and working on packing up the house. Everett has been up coughing, so the last three days I've only gotten a hand full of hours sleep. Aaron hasn't been home much - Tuesday he worked 2 days in a row without coming home or sleeping. Friday he didn't get home until 4am, I guess that would make it Saturday...The last week has seemed to melt into one never ending day.

Sunday morning, Ev and I made it to my mom's house and were greeted with the usual fantastic breakfast spread. Mmmmm...comfort food and a giant cup of hot chocolate to drown my sorrows in.

The Conference talks were just what I needed to shake me out of my pity party. I regularly need a swift kick in the pants to get me back on track. I needed to take a step back and take an eternal look at things. Our situation completely sucks right now, but I'll take my situation over the circumstances of the people in President Monson's talk. This is just a small period of time and it will pass. I am getting focused and am ready to put my head down and get to work. During the break between Conference sessions, we headed back into mom's garden. It couldn't have been a more perfect day. Ev and I watched my mom feed the chickens and collect eggs. Her broccoli is ready to harvest and her flowers are in full bloom. My sis, Melonnie came up with the great idea to make some lemonade. We picked some lemons from my mom's tree, squeezed the lemons and Melonnie made the perfect pitcher of lemonade. Yum! So I'm feeling better and I know things will be ok. I needed some words of counsel and my family today, and I got just that. This week will be better.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Carrie,
I just want to tell you that I think you are such a talented photographer. The pictures in this post are gorgeous! I love the pink flowers and the lemon.
I'm glad that you're feeling better and that you're "making lemonade." Let's get together sometime soon.
Love ya,
Colleen

Nunazuna said...

I had so much fun with you on Sunday. I'm glad your feeling better. I love you and let me know if you need another "Sunday" even if it's on a Saturday! Love You!