Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In Hiding - A Week in Review

I feel like I haven't left my house in a week - but wait, I haven't!

My boss called me in and asked how my packing was going and how much longer it was going to take me. I was honest, and at the rate I was going (working full time, with a baby and no husband around to help) it would have taken me another month-solid. With that, he told me to go home for the week and get to work. With Ev being watched during working hours I could actually make some major progress. I got home as fast as I could, cranked up the music and went into hyper-active speed.

The rooms are near complete with just a few odds and ends left. It's such a relief to know that this project is almost over. In some strange way, I think I really needed this moving experience to show me what I was doing to myself. The main thought running through my head was, "Why do I have all of this stuff??" Projects I intended to do, band posters from when I was 17, invoices from years ago, things I took home from others just to be nice. It got to the point where I was pitching stuff left and right. It was all good, useful and mostly brand-new stuff, but I didn't NEED it. I've already had the donation truck come for a pick up THREE times, and I've got another pile started. It's kind of liberating.I found some more skinny clothes I didn't have the heart to get rid of. It's my weakness. I see it as my "hope-in-a-box". If I ever get off my butt and lose weight, I'll be the best dressed girl in Southern California.This weekend was nice having Aaron home. We took Saturday afternoon to spend a few hours together as a family. We walked to the park, had sodas and snacks, thew the ball to Moe and headed home. It was a PERFECT afternoon with my boys.

I made dinner while Aaron and Ev watched Kung Fu Panda. While we ate dinner I put a giant heap of rice on Ev's tray and let him have at it. He was a mess, but it was all worth it to be able to eat dinner in peace.

Aaron was in charge of clearing out the garage. It's all of his tools and fishing stuff. Without me even saying anything about my experience, he came to the same conclusion and started pitching stuff left and right. He called a couple of his fishing buddies to come pick out what they wanted from AARON'S BAIT AND TACKLE SHOP a/k/a our garage. For some reason, Aaron thought he could get through the garage in one day. He quickly realized his error and I rescheduled the PODS pick up for next week.

As for other Everett bits and pieces, immediately after he got his first tooth, a second and third tooth popped up right next to it, all in a row. He's getting better at crawling on his knees instead of doing the army crawl. And why is it that no matter how many cool toys I put out for him, he is magnetically drawn to the nasty dog bed? He was introduced to the Tupperware cabinet,learned how to stand up in his crib and pout at the same time, decided that hurling himself head first off the ottoman or couch is a fun idea,
and had a blast playing with Uncle Ben's mullet wig. It's amazing how much you can "pack" into just one week.

4 comments:

The Kneeland Family said...

He is such a doll. Good to hear you are getting it all packed up. We will have to get together soon!

Kim said...

He is SOOOOOO cute. I can't believe how big he has gotten. And that pouty face...no one could resist it!

Anonymous said...

your little boy is so stinkin cute. And i hear ya about getting rid of things. Each time we have moved more and more goes away. And i'm ok with it.

Nunazuna said...

That's why dad named you Joe Dirt!!!!