Tuesday, May 5, 2009

This is Temporary

That’s what I keep telling myself.

Saturday we had an amazing crew of Aaron’s friends and family over to help move the BIG furniture. To our amazement, they didn’t stop there. Not only did they get all of the big furniture moved, they packed all of the boxes into the PODS container with Tetris Master precision. I hope I didn’t accidentally pack anything I needed – this packing job is permanent! Aaron and I were so grateful for the much needed help.

Included with the BIG furniture was our bed. We have a futon in our extra bedroom and were planning on sleeping on that for the next year despite the fact that it slopes to the middle. We’d have to take the futon apart to get it out of the room so we opted to just take the mattress off and put it on the floor. Here is my shameless attempt to make our bedroom still look like a bedroom. I think the lamps and alarm clock on the floor add just the right touch, don’t you think?

After a long day of packing and moving, Aaron and I were beat. Sleeping on a mattress on the floor is much like having a slumber party as a kid. Had we not packed the couch cushions and large blankets I may have made a fort. I turned out the light and no sooner had our heads hit the pillow; Moe launched himself over the mattress and landed right in between us. Problem: we’re now at Moe level. Aaron thought it was cool to have the dog sleep with us, I thought it was gross especially since he wanted to rest his wet nose on my pillow. Aaron begged, I caved. I turned my body away from the smelly boys and went to sleep chanting, “This is temporary, this is temporary, this is temporary…”.

4 comments:

Nunazuna said...

Awww! At least those smelly boys are cute! The bed on the floor looks so Korean! Funny thing, our bed is like 3 feet off the ground and the dogs have no trouble jumping in with us. It's hard for me to get into bed I have to step on the side rail and launch myself in. Since the dogs sleep with us every night anyways, the bed on the floor looks very appealing. Can't wait to see you on Sunday!!!

Kris said...

It will all work! When it's over you are going to have some great stories to tell!

Colleen said...

Wow! That really does look like a game of Tetris! That was some incredible packing! This is just temporary! You'll be back in your house before you know it!

The Kneeland Family said...

I love sleep overs and campouts! LUCKY! MOE looks bummed.