Friday, May 2, 2008

Death By Pooper-Scooper

It was just another typical morning of picking up dog poop in the backyard before work, but the lovely morning was about to take a sudden change. As I was walking to the back door to get the trashcan, there, floating in Moe’s water bowl was a HUGE spider. It was still alive but it was stuck and couldn’t get out. I grabbed my camera and took a couple of photos. I wanted to get a close up one so you could see his fangs and evil beady eyes, but I was afraid he’d jump up and eat my face off. This was as close as I was willing to get. I am insanely scared of spiders. I flipped the spider out of the bowl using the pooper-scooper shovel and proceeded to hack it into little bits. I ran inside, locked the door and washed my hands twice.
I’m such a weenie.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Your spider was way creepier than my spider! I'm glad you got rid of it!!!

I just noticed that you're now down into the double digits on your baby countdown! These last 98 days will go by so quickly! Enjoy the peace and quiet in your house while you still can!

Nunazuna said...

Blawargggewwwww! Yuckie!!!! I hate spiders also. I just had a battle with one the other day. I was on the pot and half asleep and from the corner of my eye I saw one on the shower ledge. I hurried and finished my business then I grabbed a can of aerosol foam bathroom cleaner. It was so funny because I just covered it with about an inch of foam. When I knew with a surety that it was paralyzed and that I was faster then him, I got a wad of tp and squished the rat bast@#$. Bwahahaahaahaa! Ben's really scared of spiders too. Just looking at the pic on your blog he got instant goose bumps! I guess it runs in the family! BTW, check out Jackies blog. I think you'll love her new post!

Jennifer said...

Hi Caorline, I got your comment on my blog, it was great to hear from you! My mom and dad are in your ward..Greg & Linda Armes. I am in the corona stake. I live off of Main and Ontario. We got the keys yesterday so the house is officially ours. yay! BTW I am so afraid of spiders as well, I make my husband kill them for me and if he isn't around to do it I scream with the eebie jeebies while I do it!

Nunazuna said...

Hey I'm not giving out family secrets! Mom has it printed in the ward cookbook, so I thought it was safe to post! It's just sooo good I feel obligated to share it with the world! or at least the 3 people who read my blog.

Barbra said...

I just found your blog from Joy's blog. Pretty funny that I was greeted by than nasty spider. I can not stand those things,and screamed even though it is a picture. Without having a kid in nursery I never see you much so I am glad you have a blog :) Have a great day!!!