Thursday, May 15, 2008

Goodbye My Love, Goodbye...

When I turned 29 Aaron surprised me with an ipod and an insanely wicked car stereo system. My system could easily beat the pants off of any bass-cranking low rider looking for attention in the Walmart parking lot. Aaron took me around to the back to show me the speakers, they took up more than half of the car trunk. My honest-to-goodness first thought was “How am I going to fit a stroller in there?” (mom in training??) Since we weren’t on the baby making page yet, I got over the trunk space and have been enjoying my kickin’ stereo for the last couple of years. I love music LOUD!!! Three weeks ago I got a flat tire – luckily Aaron was with me. In order to get the spare tire out of the trunk, the speakers had to come out. My speakers have been sitting on the living room floor since that day, sad and lonely. I’ve decided since the baby is due in less than 3 months, I better grow up a little and not have the speakers put back in. Guess I really can’t use them anyway with an infant in the back seat. Blowing out my kids’ eardrums just isn’t an option.

So here’s to you, my lovely speakers! (sniffle, sniff) I have loved you, and I will miss you. You will soon be replaced by a new surround system sure to rival your volume capacity:

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Welcome to motherhood! It's probably the first of many things you'll give up for baby. All worth it though!

Joy said...

Don't do it. just buy a car with a bigger trunk

Nunazuna said...

Carrie you are just so creative with your writing. You're a hoot!

A new Flight Attendant, said...

I found another gem from the library! You have to rent, Happiest Baby on the Block. It has the coolest (and easiest) baby calming trick!

Lisa said...

Hooray for body pillows, hate to tell ya but I still need one and Logan is 9... I also wanted to let you know that the pet"dog" spider that ran under my fridge (during our cooking class) got an extension of one more day to live, then he showed up on the floor again and, well, WHACK!