Tuesday, May 27, 2008

True Love

Aaron and I have been working on a financial “Plan B” for the last few months. Everything is coming together wonderfully, but not without hard work. Since I’m pregnant (handicapped) I am forbidden to do any lifting, climbing or anything physically demanding. Instead, I get to do “other things”.

If the day should ever come that my child comes to me and says, “Mommy, how do you know you love Daddy?” I will lovingly pull out a photo album showing pages of loving kisses and warm embraces but I will stop at a certain page in the album that doesn’t even have photos of us. I will point to this set of photos and say, “Sweetie, I know I love your Dad because I VOLUNTEERED with a SMILE to clean this:”

I don’t know what kind of Neanderthals leased this building before we got it, but they must not have wives that love them. It’s one thing to clean a bathroom where you know where the germs came from. You’re in a whole other ballpark when the germs are foreign and have been collecting for months, possibly years. I felt like an investigator on C.S.I. trying to figure out where and at what angle these guys must have been standing to get the splatter effect I so lovingly had to scrub off the walls. I had never been so thankful in my life for the invention of rubber gloves as I was at that moment.

So, the bathroom is now disinfected and usable and the bio hazard has been removed. I may have contracted some strange, deadly disease- but hey, at least I didn’t climb that ladder.
(Sarcasm intended)

4 comments:

A new Flight Attendant, said...

Wow, you are a better woman then me! Once something gets to the "that's toooo dirty" stage, I have to call in back ups. I would have gladly paid some one to clean that though, lol.

Nunazuna said...

Who's bathroom was that!? I hope you're not cleaning bathrooms for Christian! For some reason I wasn't very shocked or grossed out about the pictures. You've seen what I've had to clean. I'm glad that's over! Love Ya!

Colleen said...

Wow! That is true love! I don't think I could even walk in that room without throwing up right now! I could now that you've cleaned it so that it sparles.

Kris said...

Caroline - You crack me up! Who knew?? I totally enjoy reading your blogs! =)