Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Mother's Day To Me

I've got the most wonderful, terrific, loving, manly-man of a husband who is just perfect for me. Even after being married 4 1/2 years my heart still gets excited when my cell phone rings with his special ring tone (Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk......don't ask). Here's a little piece of why I love this man so much.

Monday night after dinner Aaron said, "I was going to surprise you with a present for Mother's Day, but I think you really need it now and I'm not sure where to get it so I need your help. It will ruin the surprise, but I think you could use it ." I had no clue what he was talking about. He likes to try to get me to "guess" what the surprise is. I suck at this game. I was racking my brain of what I did or said over the last week to try to figure it out- hired help to pick up dog poop? the coveted Kitchen-Aid mixer? something for the baby? I gave up. Then he said 3 words that made me feel as if sunshine was coming down from heaven..."a Body Pillow".

Sunday night I was having a hard time sleeping again and I was afraid the tossing would wake Aaron up, so I went and slept on the couch. No complaints, no big deal, that's just how it is in the last stage of being pregnant. I have to wake up earlier than him, so I didn't even think that he noticed I was gone.

For all you moms, this next paragraph will be nothing new to you and will read something like "blah, blah, blah b blah", but it's my story so I'll say it anyway.

We all know that the more pregnant you get, the less sleep you get. Forget the fact that I have to get up to pee 3X a night, in the last couple of weeks my back has been starting to hurt. On top of that, when I lay on one side, the baby and all my guts fall over to that side causing a major side cramp, so I switch sides and the baby and all my guts fall to the other side causing a cramp on the other side. The result? Tossing and turning and waking up all night. Luckily Aaron is a heavy sleeper.

Out the door we went to Linens 'N Things to get me a Body Pillow. I picked out a bright pink one. For the burly, outdoor, nothing-remotely-feminine-about-him man that Aaron is, I didn't know he even knew what a Body Pillow was. On the way home I asked him, "How do you always know just what I need when I never ask?" his answer was, "I just listen."

I married an amazing man.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

That's awesome! Way to go Aaron! I so want one of those body pillows from Linens N Things. I want the polka dot one though. I've been hinting to Jeff that he should go there with the kids & get me one for Mother's Day. We'll see if he's been listening. I think tomorrow I'll remind him.

Sheryl said...

A man who listens... wow you do have an amazing man! You better keep him forever! Have a great Mother's Day little momma. When I come to Eastvale on the 18th, I wanna see that tummy!

Nunazuna said...

We got so lucky when it came the the Husband thing! Good job Aaron! I sent you an email about Ben's Birthday dinner. Can you come? I just resent you the invite. Let me know when you can. I'll see you at Mom's bright and early tomorrow!