Friday, May 30, 2008

Moe Is Out

If you’ve ever seen the movie Meet the Fockers, you know about the family Circle of Trust. Currently, this is what ours looks like:

Moe has always been such a fabulous dog. Personable, cute as can be and doesn’t mess anything up inside the house. He is fully potty trained so “accidents” are a thing of the past. Aaron and I had to run an errand and would be gone for a total of 1 hour. We decided to trust Moe alone in the house – big mistake.

Upon our return, Moe was nowhere to be seen, then we heard him up in the loft. I went up to check on him and found him on the couch with a foam ball he had gutted into hundreds of pieces. I led him down the stairs and that’s when I saw the living room. There was another foam ball shredded in 3 piles, 3 dirty dishtowels, a chewed up instructional DVD to my sewing machine and some other miscellaneous shredded paperwork that went to my sewing machine. Did he get some crack kibble from the shady dog next-door? Looks like we missed one heck of a party!

Two days later Moesifer struck again. He sleeps at the foot of our bed in his crate with the crate door open. In the morning I wake him up (he is not an early riser) and make him go outside to potty. This morning was different, I went to wake him up and he was not in his crate. I looked around the house and heard him up in the loft again. I grabbed my camera and headed upstairs to bust him. This is what I found:

Dead Thread

I do admit that we’ve been bad puppy parents for the last week. I’m sure Cesar Millan would rip us a new one. We’ve been working really hard on financial “Plan B” and have not been home as much to give him the attention he’s used to. We fully blame ourselves for his bad behavior. Since then, I’ve made an extra effort to play with him and be sure he gets a good walk. It’s been 3 days and he seems to be back to his sweet self, but we won’t be leaving him in the house alone anytime soon.

3 comments:

A new Flight Attendant, said...

This is why we do't have a dog, lol. I like the idea of a dog, but the first time something like this happened, poor thing would be sitting on the curb with a "free to a good home" sign around his neck. (I know, I'm horrible, but this is why we don't have a pet, lol) Poor Moe.

Nunazuna said...

OMGosh! That last photo hurt! Poor little Moe. It's funny how sensitive these little pups are. We borded Peanut and Otis when we went to San Francisco. Otis had lost 4 lbs and 1/5 of his fur and Peanut looked like a hobo dog that had been dragged through the rain. I can totally tell when we have been neglecting them because that's when they misbehave.

Nunazuna said...

Hey! Thanks for dinner last Saturday! It was great! Check out my last post. I just tagged you! Let me know when you post it so I can see yours.