Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wife Points

So, what were you doing at 3:30 this morning?

Here's what I was just putting into the oven:

Aaron's brother is getting married in less than 3 weeks and today is the bachelor party. They are going camping and Aaron needed some help getting the food together - call in the wife!

Yesterday was my day to get everything done but Everett had other plans. He decided he didn't want to take naps longer than 15 minutes unless he was strapped to my body (a la Baby Bjorn). So last night I was putting together 4 HUGE man-sandwiches while reaching around Everett on my chest. My back may never be the same.
I had to wait for the rolls to rise in between feedings and getting other supplies ready for his trip. So with 30 minutes of sleep I got my hubby out the door at 5:00 this morning. While they have a great time running around the forest acting like a bunch of adolescent dorks, I'll be cleaning this up:I've racked up so many wife points, I'd marry myself.

5 comments:

The Kneeland Family said...

You are so awesome. Isn't it crazy what we will do for those guys sometimes. And then they wonder why woman are stronger than men. They would just get distracted, leave the mess without completing the task and go to bed because they were tired. Hmm! They totally need us!!! And we need there sense of humor.

Sheryl said...

You are one rockin' wifey!! your boy is so cute... I will have to come over soon so I can get my hands on him! Gramma was taking good care of him so you could enjoy your shower. Gramma have first right to hold and love!! AMEN!

Sheryl said...

Me again answering you! After you log into you account, click on
Layout, then My blog list. I had to re enter everyone here as it was different from my first list. Then click edit, on the new small screen on the upper sort drop boxes I chose sort, then most recently updated, then all blogs, then I checked the box at the bottom - date of last update. SAve it...I love having the most recently updated right there to read! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

wow...i think i'll give you wife points too. i'll make sure my hubby doesn't see your blog. lol 3 in the morning with a new born? no way. :)

Colleen said...

OK, so now I'm hungry after looking at those pictures. You are definitely superwife & supermom! If I had a baby who wasn't sleeping, Jeff would have been getting his food for the trip from Costco. Funny thing though - when Jeff goes camping, he wants to get all of his food ready without my help. I always offer, but he always refuses. Lucky me. I hope you're able to get some sleep soon!