Tuesday, March 17, 2009

80

Saturday we celebrated Aaron's Grandpa Scharpings' birthday. We had a big family bash to honor his running total of 80 years old. Grandpa still goes on walks most every day, volunteers once a week at the thrift store as the merchandise "fix-it guy", is active with his church, goes out on trips and vacations, tends his fruit and nut trees, and is pretty good on the computer too. We love you, Grandpa! You earned every candle on that cake! And yes, he blew them out all in one breath - hope your dreams come true!

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

How cute is he! I just love our Gramma's and Grampa's- what a great family legacy!

Nunazuna said...

Sooooo cute Carrie! Grampa is so stinkin cute! I hope I'm like him when I'm 80! When I worked at the retirement homes I always asked the active ones what their secrets were and they'd say lots of water and walking. So I guess I better start now. LOVE YA!