Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sick Day

When I was working I rarely, if ever called in sick. Unless I was throwing up - I was at work. Aaron has NEVER missed a day of work due to being sick. He had only missed ONE day because his back went out and he couldn't walk. Now that Everett is getting better, Aaron and I both got his cold.

Friday night Ev and I headed to Anaheim to help Aaron with a print job. I wasn't feeling too hot and Aaron let me know his throat was getting scratchy. Ev and I didn't get home until 1am and Aaron didn't get home until 4am. Ev had me up again at 6am and again at 8am for good. Aaron was still passed out, so I just started going about getting things done for the day. By the time Aaron woke up at 2:30pm I had:

Fed the baby 3 times
Changed the baby 4 times
Put the baby down for 2 naps
Washed 3 loads of laundry
Ground 2 cups of wheat
Made 2 loaves of bread
Washed all the dishes
Made some phone calls
And started cleaning the counters

Aaron was nice enough to hold Everett on the couch while he was still trying to wake up. He still didn't feel good and said, "Isn't it nice to have a day just to relax and be sick?" . My thought was, "Who's relaxing?"
.
We did get a lot of family snuggle time in between coughing, sneezing and blowing noses. It was nice to have Aaron home. I can't remember the last time he was home during daylight. Even though we were having a sick day, Aaron still trimmed and mowed the lawn and I gave the Moe a much needed bath. Aaron decided that tonight was a "take-out" dinner night so I wouldn't have to cook. So he put in the phone order and watched Ev while I picked up dinner. Aaaah, 15 minutes of alone time to blast the ipod. Nice!
.
Everett decided since it was Saturday night, it was time to party. I had put him to bed 4 times within a 2 hour period. At midnight I finally gave up and sat up with him on the couch again. He slept soft and sound. Me? Not so much. At 6am I finally put him back to bed and I got to lay down in my nice comfy bed. We woke up at 9am Sunday still coughing, stuffy and feeling icky. We had Moe come snuggle with us in bed since he was clean and it was sheet washing day. He was happy as could be.We rarely let him in bed with us because this is the result: Gross. When Ev woke up, we threw him in bed with us too. I just love my little family. My life is so sweet, I am a very happy girl.

2 comments:

The Kneeland Family said...

I hope you are all feeling better now. Sorry you have been sick. But glad you got some family time. Isn't having children so fun!

Nunazuna said...

Carrie, You are a very happy girl and you have a lot to be happy about! I'm just worried that you are doing too much. You need to rest my dear! I worry about you guys working so hard and not having time to enjoy each other (you and Aaron). Please let me and Ben know anytime you guys want to go out, we will be happy to watch baby Ev. This is a sincere offer. Please call us!!! Love the pic of Ev and Moe!