Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Beach Boy

This weekend the weather was too perfect not to be outside. Ev and I went to visit my sister, Kelle in Corona Del Mar. She lives just a short walk from the beach, so we packed a bag, packed up the boy and headed to the tide pools. Everett was a good sport, but I think it was a bit overwhelming for him. Lots of new things to see, hear and feel. He was a lot more clingy than normal. It was almost like he was holding onto our arms for dear life. The water was freezing, but the sun was warm and the breeze was cool - it felt wonderful. After the beach we walked around Fashion Island. Kelle wanted to take him to the pet store. She loves to see his reaction to new things. The yapping puppies hurt his ears, so to avoid a total meltdown we opted to check out the mute bunnies. We found some furry friends at Z Gallerie (I LOVE that store!). As soon as we got in the car to head home Everett was passed out. What a great afternoon. We will definitely be back.

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

There is nothing like a Beach Baby! So fun with the touchies and the feelies! He is so cute!

The Kneeland Family said...

Oh I wish I could have been there. I love the beach and it is so beautiful out. How fun. Everett is such a cutie pie.

Colleen said...

You're such a fun Mommy. My poor kids rarely get to go to the beach. I need to be better at dragging them all to the beach. Maybe we'll get there this summer.