Monday, March 23, 2009

Finally

Finally. Everett is sleeping (mostly) through the night! And finally, I'm feeling human again. When Everett was first born he was a pretty good sleeper. I regularly got 6-7 hours sleep all in a row (much different than 6-7 hours in 1-2 and 3 hour increments). This was a much welcomed gift to a new mommy.

Something happened when he was 3 months old. He decided that sleep was optional and was up every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. All night. Every night. I was a tired zombie all the time. This routine lasted until about one week ago. He started sleeping for a solid 7-8 hours! I feed him and he sleeps again for another 2 hours. Sweet Jesus, hallelujah! I can handle THIS schedule! I do hope it is his new schedule and not just a fluke.

Look what else I noticed this week: This is the top of my head. See that fuzz sticking up everywhere?? My hair has started growing back! Finally! A couple of months ago my hair was falling out in massive amounts. My hair is very thin already, so this was an extreme worry for me. I was getting scared it wouldn't stop. Thank goodness it did. I'm gonna look funny for a while with fuzzy hair sticking up everywhere, but I it's better than looking funny because I'm bald.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Oh the JOYS of motherhood :) - Isn't it incredible what a difference a little sleep makes?

The Kneeland Family said...

That cracks me up I love it when you make me laugh. Yeah isn't it nice when they sleep though the night. And don't you just love those hormones that make your hair fall out.Love ya miss ya