Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Frankinfeet

This is a close-up of my foot:

I have been seriously neglecting my feet. I knew they were looking pretty crusty, but I didn't do anything about it because-who looks at feet that close? Well, Sunday I got my answer.

I was sitting on the floor in Nursery playing with the kids and one adorable 3 year old points to my dry, canyon-cracked heels and says "You got an owie?" A bit embarrassed, I said, "No, it's OK." She still seemed very concerned and asked "Does it hurt?" by then another angel sitting next to me seemed worried about my condition, looks at my feet and says "You need a band-aid."

True honesty out of the mouths of babes. That's like when a little one tells you you're fat, there's no backing out. You know it's true, because they don't know any better. OK! I get it! My feet are gross. I will work on them this week so I don't traumatize the kids in Nursery.

7 comments:

A new Flight Attendant, said...

lol, kids are so funny and way to honest. I have the ebst remedy for you- soak your feet in epson salt (it helps heal the skin and moisturize them) and then get a ped egg, that puppy works miracles!

A new Flight Attendant, said...

oops, sorry for the typo. the word is best, not ebst, lol. I hate when I do that.

Nunazuna said...

How funny! I totally know what you mean about the heels. I found out that when your heels crack like that it actually means that you may have a foot fungus. There is this stuff that you can buy at any drugstore or Target called Lamisil. It works amazingly well.

austin and cherisse said...

you are getting closer!!!!

gojensens said...

I have this same problem, when I taught preschool at the end of the year when the kids brought gifts, all my gifts were foot products, ha!
I'm glad I read your friends comments, I'm going to try these treatments out!

Sheryl said...

Hey there is always the Pedicure! Paying people to scrub the feet! You deserve it prego girl!

Kris said...

I second the pedicure! That was one of the things I insisted on when I was pregnant, especially as the time to deliver drew closer. I was pregnant, nothing fit well, I didn't feel good - but dang it - my toes were cute!!