Friday, July 11, 2008

Lost and Found

Meet Schatzi
I found this cutie pie in my front yard 2 weeks ago. He had no collar, no tags, was dirty and wasn't fixed. He was nervous around me and wouldn't let me pet him. Luckily, I had Moe with me and they were instant friends. He followed Moe right into our back yard.I put posters up, asked around with neighbors and registered him with the Humane Society and Fido Finder.com.
_
My mom has a female Daschound named Tootsie. She has been wanting another Daschound so Tootsie would have a friend. I took the lost dog over so my mom could meet him. She said she would keep him in her yard. I warned her not to get attached in case the owners contacted me. So, of course the next day when I went to visit the dog had a collar and a name, Schatzi. That's my mom! My aunt said when she lived in Germany everyone called their dog "schatzi" which means "little treasure".
I took Schatzi to the vet so see if he was chipped. He was, but the chip had not been registered in over a year and there was no way to track the owner. Two weeks have gone by with no phone calls, no "lost dog" posters and no effort on the dog owner's part to find him. Looks like my mom has a new dog! She's already registered him, bathed him and got him a vet appointment.
_
Schatzi is a lucky dog and will be very happy at his new home. Welcome to the family!

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh so cute! How blessed he was to be found by you! There was a plan for Schatzi, and you help make it happen! You are an angel! ;)

A new Flight Attendant, said...

I'm glad Schatzi had a happy ending. I can't believe his first family didn't try harder to find him though. Looks like he was meant to be with your mom.