Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Most Helpful Ants I've Ever Met

I got home from work and the ants were gone out of the laundry room! Yeah! I was so happy and thought the invasion was over.....not so much.

This morning I went to iron our clothes for work and this is what I found:

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THIS????
Yesterday they wanted to help with the laundry, today they wanted to help me iron. Thanks guys! I know I could use the extra help getting my house together before the baby gets here, but this one I think I can handle on my own.
I spent a half hour hunting ants and trying to flush them out of the water tank of the iron. I finally gave up and just ironed our clothes with the ants inside the iron. If they're still there when I get home, guess I'll have to buy a new one. Enough already! I'm so annoyed!

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh my goodness girl! You just attract all kind of helpers now don't you. They could just totally feel the vibe of your work ethic, and wanted to hang with you! Too bad they weren't invited!!

Barbra said...

Too funny. We had huge ant issues in our Corona house as well. I got them in my laundry room all the time and could nevr figure out why. I did not however have the iron issue you are dealing with.

Colleen said...

Sorry, did me telling you about the ants in my iron inspire them to invade yours? I ended up throwing my iron out. I had no idea how I would ever get them out! Good luck getting rid of those nasty little buggers!

Nunazuna said...

HA!!! I can't believe you still ironed with the little buggers in the water tank. I wonder what they were looking for. You guys must have some sweet water in Corona. The Mexican ladies here at work swear by this chalk that they sell at the 99 cent stores or the Mexican grocery stores. I guess you just draw a chalk circle around your house on the concrete and it keeps those little guys away. If it's only a dollar I guess it's worth a try.

Anonymous said...

windex works best.

Ariake said...

Good grief.... I haven't had an ant problem at all, but when I went to iron my husband's pants this evening, a bunch of ants crawled out of the water part. I thought, what the HECK.... ironed anyway (just as you did), then did an internet search on this phenomenon, which led me to your blog. Thank you for reassuring me I wasn't hallucinating.

Unknown said...

I've had ants in my iron - strange.
I've had ants in the glass of water by my bed - annoying and a bit itchy in the mouth and throat in the dark of night!
And today...
I had ants, as in HUNDREDS, in my rice cooker, all over the counter under the rice cooker and coming out of the rice cooker (but not in the actual rice).

white vinegar sprayed on them was very effective and safe for us humans. i hope they move on soon...