Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Strike Out

This weekend I set a goal to have my hospital bag packed and ready to go. Easier said than done. I am having one heck of a time trying to find decent pajamas for the hospital. I do admit that I was going to less expensive stores because I am cheap when it comes to spending money on myself. Maybe that's my problem. I went to several stores and was only given the choice between...


A: Looking like I was going to a slumber party after the Hannah Montana concert.

B: Looking like I had on my favorite Isotoner slippers and had settled in for a long night of watching a Jeopardy.


Is there nowhere that sells "cool mom" pajamas so I don't look like a total dork at the hospital? I finally went to the maternity store and settled for a real "ok" looking nightgown and robe. It still looks very "motherly" but it'll do. I'm still looking for one more, but may have to give up on that idea. I've got a lot to do before this baby gets here!

6 comments:

Welch Family said...

Did you try Costco? I love wearing their "lounge" pants for p.j.'s

Courtney misses seeing you in nursery. She still looks for you during sacrament meeting :)

Happy count down!

Unknown said...

I will keep my eye open for some not so dorky PJ's. Are you still working? We are moving to Cali so call me and the kids and I can come say HI or go shopping or something. Love ya...Me

Unknown said...

I forgot, my phone # changed. It's now 951-403-9466

Jayne said...

your blogs always put a smile on my face! hope you find some great pajamas, meryvns have had some good ones.

by the way, thanks for the nice post of my blog, made me happy!

Colleen said...

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I've never worn pj's in the hospital. I did buy a nightgown before Tyler was born, but didn't end up wearing it. I just wore the hospital gown. I didn't even bother packing one When Claire was born. After having a baby, it's really quite messy & I don't want to stain my own pj's. I just take a bathrobe to wear when visitors arrive. Just save your new pj's for when you return home.

The Kneeland Family said...

Kohls I always find just nice pajama pants and a t shirt that matches. And there comfy.