Wednesday, September 24, 2008

6 Weeks


Everett is 6 weeks old today. You ladies aren't kidding when you said it goes by fast. During a phone conversation, I was asked how I was enjoying hibernation. I never thought about it that way. After I got off the phone that got me thinking. I HAVE been in hibernation, just not the sleeping kind. I've only gone to the store twice in 6 weeks. I rarely leave the house, and if I do it's to go to Grandma's. I haven't turned the TV on, no ipod or stereo (gasp!) in 6 weeks, I'm just not interested.

Everett has all of my attention, and I don't mind one bit.

In the past 6 weeks I've learned:

Grandmas and Aunts don't like to share
All bad habits come from your dad
You HATE your carseat

You have your dad's wavy hair and blue eyes

Pacifiers and Mylicon are lifesavers

You love being outside

I could watch him sleep all day

If I don't stop taking so many photos, Everett is going to think my face is a shiny black lens.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

oh, oh, oh! I can't wait to see this little man tonight!!Yay!

The Kneeland Family said...

Oh my gosh talk about adorable. He is smiling in the first picture how cute! He is such a doll. And yes you have been in hybernation, but that is okay. And thanks for worrying about my hair. I know who cares. Call or write if you need anything.

Barbra said...

He is sooo cute!!!!
That little smile is too sweet!!!
Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that first picture. So stinkin cute. Congratulations...i know a little late, but we have moved and life ultra crazy. Good to hear you are enjoying the alone time with your baby...we don't get those days back.

Colleen said...

I love the first picture where Everett in smiling! He is just too precious! Won't it be fun when Everett & my baby boy are old enough to play together?

Lisa said...

I was really sad I didn't get to see you two last night! I wanted to be there. I hope you had great fun and looking forward to seeing you in person again soon! Everett is wonderful and adorable. HUGS