Friday, September 5, 2008

0-3

So Everett turned a mini milestone of 3 weeks old on Wednesday. Today I was hit with a sad dose of reality, it was a huge milestone of sorts...Everett is growing out of his newborn clothes and is fitting into his 0-3 month clothes. What? Already?
I had been given the advice from many to enjoy every moment because they grow up so fast. I took this advice to heart and have been savoring every moment with my baby boy. I know he's got to grow up, but I really didn't think it would happen quite so fast.
-
I've been trying to take photos of Everett so I could remember the details of when he came to us so small and perfect. I try to memorize every wrinkle of his feet, the squeaks and grunts he makes, how good he smells after a bath, his mile-long lashes, even his poop face. I know there's no way I'll remember it all, so at least I have the photos to help me.
I love you, Everett. You are my Sunshine Boy. But could you stay small for just a while longer?

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Ohhhh momma, he is adorable! Can't you just breathe in his after bath smell forever? You are doing great stuff, he is growing and getting smarter all the time!

Kris said...

He is a handsome guy! I love the pictures! Taking them is a good idea because you DO forget.

Colleen said...

That was so beautiful. I'm so happy that you're savoring these first weeks of Everett's life. The pictures you took are incredible. I wish I had pictures like that of my babies who aren't babies anymore. I can't wait to see you & Everett next week!

The Kneeland Family said...

Oh so cute. i can not believe he is 3 weeks already. They really do grow fast and that is so fun that you have all those pictures to savor. I wish I would have taken more.

austin and cherisse said...

O he is getting so big...not really but he will too fast! Enjoy as much as possible they are only little for like a day!

Nunazuna said...

Beautiful pictures Carrie! I miss you guys!