Monday, September 22, 2008

Kaiser, I Hate You

Kaiser Permanente had been very good to me (despite my rates seeming to hike every year). That is until this month. In the last 2 weeks I've learned that even though Kaiser had a series of documented major screw-ups, and admit that they screwed up- I'm the one that ends up getting screwed over.

A simple problem that could have been fixed in 20 minutes has now escalated to a huge ordeal. I've been shuffled around, sent through a string of departments, and have had our problem discussed all the way to the top of the bureaucracy food chain. In the end we will have to pay out of pocket to fix their screw-up.

So Kaiser, that is why I hate you.

4 comments:

The Kneeland Family said...

Oh I am sorry I hate medical screw ups. Love Ya

Kim L. said...

OUCH! There is nothing worse than that! It is such a helpless feeling when you get to the top and they STILL won't budge. ARGH!

Sheryl said...

ooooo - I hate it when that happens, I wouldn't want to be on the other end of that phone call!

Colleen said...

I'm sorry - what a pain. When Tyler was 6 months old, he received a letter from Pomona Valley Hospital stating that he needed to pay his bill or he would be sent to collections. Isn't that crazy that a baby would be sent to collections - not his parents. I called them (multiple times) & faxed copies of receipts to show that I had in fact paid. Now I'm especially careful to save every medical receipt. Turns out that some moron opened an extra account in Tyler's name. So he then had 2 accounts - one with a credit and one with an outstanding balance. So finally the manager of the billing department figured that out & merged the 2 accounts together for a zero balance. I was so frustrated & annoyed with the whole situation - especially the rude people I dealt with. I can feel your pain. Sometimes dealing with medical insurance & providers is a pain in the you-know-what!